Thursday 27 November 2008

Gonna Have To Face It, I'm Addicted To Blog

This is how the conversation went about eight or so years ago.

Me; I’ve thought of another website (I’m always coming up with ideas for websites, inventions, or storylines for films that I‘ll never write)
Him; (without a flicker of genuine interest) Yeah?
Me; On line diaries. People can log on anonymously and write personal stuff for the world to read.
Him; It will never catch on…


Well it did, and I didn’t. In fact, I completely forgot I suggested it until a few days ago when I found it written down in one of my old diaries. Forgotten so much so, that I am a latecomer to blogging itself. I’ve clicked on a few links before, but they were mainly of nothing that really grabbed my attention and roused my curiosity. Until someone gave me a link to Belle de Jour.

I’m almost ashamed to say I never heard of her until the series came out, but that’s what happens when you leave a life of a certain type behind. No one I know now, apart from my close family, know of my previous life as a whore, so no one is likely to make the connection that I would be interested in such a blog.
Anyway, I digress, as they say.

From Belles blog, and her links to other blogs, and their links to other blogs, and links from those blogs to other blogs, and so on, I am hooked.

Good innit!

Its fascinating to read about what happened in someone else’s day. We get to laugh at a conversation that otherwise we would never have been privy to, we get to wonder about how a complete strangers second date is going that evening as we do the washing up, and we get to give suggest to someone where exactly in the miniature doll of their horrid boss to stick that sharp pin.

I think I’m becoming a blogaddict!

No comments: